Video Design Work Session
Thank goodness for the internet and video chat technology!
Offering design services in a rural province has meant that Video Design Work Sessions have been a part of our services from the start. Unfortunately, with the COVID-19 situation, all design work sessions will be done by video chat.
Our time together will be just as productive as a face to face session. All you'll need is a mobile device (phone, tablet or laptop) and a good internet connection so we can talk, tour your home, and share ideas and visuals.
As we'll all be spending a lot more time in our homes, over the next while, this may be the ideal time for a pleasant diversion - something positive for you to focus your mind and time on. There's a tremendous amount of planning, designing, and decision making that can be done through Video Design in the comfort of your home.
Once the COVID-19 situation is over, supply chains will swing back into full operation and all the trades and vendors will be ready and eager to get back to work building and renovating.
Whatever the size and scope of your design project, this is where all projects begin.
This is a real roll-up-your-sleeves work session. You’ll have solutions, gain clarity, learn about resources, and finish up with an action plan to lead you towards your design goals. This may be all you need, or it may be our first step together.
If your project is larger, we’ll use this time to dig deep into identifying and sorting out your design goals and how they relate to your home, design tastes, budget, expectations, and lifestyle. Then we'll discuss a Design Development Agreement. This collaboration will give you access to our trades-only resources for product and services and, most importantly, Deborah's expertise to lead your project each step of the way to successful and satisfying completion!
Before this session, we'll need to get acquainted through a Discovery Call which you can schedule through the link. You'll find a Design Questionnaire to complete which Deborah will review before your Discovery Call. So, when we begin our Video Design Work Session, we can jump right into the details.
During your 2.5 hour Video Design Work Session:
- We'll discuss your design goals
- Deborah will share solutions for your needs, such as layouts, finishes, lighting, furnishings, window treatments, and colour selections,
- She'll also share resources where you can find what you need to bring your project to life
- You'll be able to record everything on your Action Plan, during your session, so that you can follow through at your own pace
- Our goal is to help you align your style and vision with your lifestyle needs and your space's limitations and strengths
Should you need further design direction after your session, we can continue to collaborate on an hourly basis through our Designer on Call service. Click the link for details.
If your design goals are larger than we can cover during our design work session, we'll discuss a Scope of Work/Design Agreement, detailing proposed design services and actions to help you achieve your vision.
Client testimonial "Never having worked with an interior decorator before, we had no idea what to expect. You provided more than we ever could have anticipated, and we’re so pleased with the results! Deborah, working with you has been such a pleasure. We had a very general idea of what we wanted but had absolutely no idea of the first steps to make that vision come to life. Luckily for us, we found you!" - Michelle and Ken Rerrie
- It's important that all key decision-makers are present for this video meeting.
- <span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:" helvetica",sans-serif;="" mso-fareast-font-family:"times="" new="" roman";mso-fareast-language:en-ca"="">It'll be useful for us to have internet access for Deborah's laptop. Please have your password handy. We can delete it from the laptop at the end of our session if you have security concerns.
- Inspiration images say a thousand words. To help make best use of our time, please upload in the Info tab, of your online studio, your inspiration photos before our work session. Or if you're having an challenges uploading, feel free to email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also have inspiration images and items ready to direct your camera to during our design work session.
- If you have questions or points to discuss, please share them by uploading to the Info tab or email in advance.
- Be sure to watch the Welcome video the first time you log into your online studio, as this will help you access and store the details of your project.
- You're encouraged to take notes, or audio or video record our consultation so you'll be able to refer back.
- To get the most from our time together, you'll need to put away your phone, schedule extra time in case we get deep into details, and arrange a babysitter if you have children. It's so important that you are free from distractions during our meetings so that we can communicate well and be certain there is clarity in all we discuss.
Use your back button on your browser to go back to the home page.
Price inlcudes HST.